QBI - YES, Quantitive Biosciences Institute presents the Youth Equity Science Fellowship
Funded by the State of California under Gavin Newsom, the QBI Y.E.S (Youth.Equity.Science) initiative is a program for students from diverse and underprivileged backgrounds to learn more about discovery research and have career opportunities in STEM. Through a six-week paid internship, students will develop the skills needed to pursue a career in the life sciences by working with a mentor in a QBI lab at UCSF. The interns are invited to speak at the annual symposium to present their work at the end of the program (August 2024).
The program will include the following;
- Mentored internship at a QBI laboratory
- Selected participants are paid $22/hour
- The length of this fellowship is 6-8 weeks over the summer (tentative dates available upon participant that is chosen)
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Be currently enrolled as a student in a community college/college/university within California
- 18 years old and above
- Up-to-date Vaccination with UCSF policy (NEW employees MUST provide verification of the initial 1)COVID vaccine AND 2)booster. Regarding the most recent "COVID bivalent booster" one must 1) either show proof of the bivalent booster OR 2) complete the Occupational Health declination form AND wear a mask on campus at all times.
Please submit the scholarship application materials listed below as a single PDF to email@example.com by 11:59 PM PST, May 06, 2024.
- Personal contact information
- Personal Statement (1 page maximum) - includes career objectives and interest in STEM
- Unofficial transcript
Submission Deadline: May 06, 2024