5:00 PM-7:00 PM
Join us for an exciting pre-hackathon mixer at QB3-UC Santa Cruz! Get ready to mingle, form teams, and start brainstorming ideas for your projects before the QBI Hackathon kicks off in November.
The QBI hackathon is a 48-hour event connecting the developer community with the scientists from the three QB3 campuses (UCSF, UCB and UCSC), during which we work together on cutting edge biomedical problems. One of the highlights of our pre-hackathon mixer is the opportunity for participants to showcase their ideas, projects, or concepts to the group. If you already have a project in mind, this is your chance to shine! We encourage you to prepare a brief presentation to introduce your idea to fellow attendees. This will not only help you receive valuable feedback but also potentially find team members who share your passion and vision.
Here are a few tips to keep in mind as you prepare your presentation:
1. Keep It Concise: You'll have 5-10 minutes to present, so make sure your presentation is clear and concise. Focus on the most important aspects of your idea.
2. Highlight Your Passion: Share why you are excited about your project. Your enthusiasm can be contagious and inspire others to join your team.
3. Visual Aids: Consider using visuals or slides to support your presentation. Visual aids can help convey your message more effectively.
4. Be Open to Feedback: Embrace the opportunity to receive constructive feedback from your peers. It's a valuable part of the creative process.
5. Networking: After your presentation, take the time to network and connect with others who share your interests. This mixer is a great place to form or join teams for the hackathon.
We can't wait to see the ideas and projects that will be presented at the mixer. Whether you're presenting or simply attending to meet potential teammates, this event is an excellent opportunity to start building connections within our vibrant community of participants.
We STRONGLY suggest attending the meet and greet mixer at UCSC to begin laying the ground for your project and to give yourself ample time to deliver your product. Don't miss out on this chance to get inspired and kickstart your hackathon experience, and RSVP here.
The QBI hackathon is a 48-hour event connecting the vibrant Bay Area developer community with the scientists from UCSF, UCB and UCSC, during which we work together on cutting edge biomedical problems. Learn more about the main Hackathon event.
Subscribe to our calendar and stay updated on the latest events.
Share event to your friends by email.